Monday, May 12, 2008

Mothers Day In Review

Yesterday was Mother's Day, and it was a good one. I got to sleep in, which is always a treat. My darling kitty-children woke me up, but it's always a nice treat when these guys wake you because they want to be loved on. :) David took me out to breakfast, and I got a carnation from the girl at the cash register. She asked me if I was a mother, and I told her that I had three furry children. (I did explain that to her!) She told me it sounded like I had a handful...very true! Then we went to Target and got groceries and headed home. We got caught up on our TV shows and then went over to Mom's to bring flowers and cupcakes. I brought cupcakes from Sprinkles, but I gotta say that the very best cupcakes are from Society Bakery in Dallas. Seriously, they put Sprinkles to shame!

After all that, we went and got sandwiches and then went home and took a nap. David grilled some salmon for dinner and we enjoyed it with a salad. We watched "Dan In Real Life", which is a very sweet movie. And after that? Bedtime! I was sleepy! Monday came much too soon. David leaves again tomorrow and is gone until Sunday night. It feels like he will be gone forever. Only a couple more weeks of heavy travel and then we're back to normal! :)

I hope everyone had a great day!

No comments: