Friday, May 30, 2008

Fade To Brown

So my sunburn has faded into a nice tan color now...it's good to not be so pasty!! I was tired of feeling like a lobster. I am peeling a little, but hopefully that will end quickly. (It's my forehead...ugh!) Apparently no amount of moisturizer is able to prevent this, so I am going to do a scrub tonight to help it along.

We had my parents over for dinner and David made is super-awesome ribs...I planned ahead and ate light during the day so that I could enjoy them without guilt. And trust me, I did!!

I have actually done well so far this week. I know I just started WW on Wednesday, but I already feel good about it. I've also been working out pretty regularly this week, and I am trying to make it a habit. I'll get there, it just takes time for me. But I keep my mind on my goal, and that's helpful. While I won't be where I want in 50 pounds, I'll be very well on my way and looking better. :) So this is all good, and I think I am on the right track.

So I am getting ready for SATC tomorrow!! I am so ready to enjoy the movie and find out what my four favorite TV characters have been up to. It's like visiting old friends. Maybe some people don't understand, but I was a singleton in my 30s during the time SATC was on, and someone they made it feel okay to be single. All of a sudden, being single felt glamorous and fabulous, and I loved it. I truly connected with some of the issues on that show, and it felt like someone else knew what I felt. So yes, I own all the DVDs and I watch them regularly. And tomorrow night will fill a little hole that's been empty for about four years. :)

I hope everyone has a great Friday!

2 comments:

Kim said...

This is so girly, but call me or text me later and tell me what you are wearing tomorrow night. Can't wait!!! See you tomorrow. :)

Blonde said...

I feel that your comments about SATC is 100% right! That show did make it ok for us single gals to be single and have fun.

Good luck with WW. Its tough to get back on track but once you are there its all good! I am going back this week.

I just got the chance to see your wedding pic on Flickr. You look gorgeous!