Monday, June 02, 2008

Waxing Poetic About SATC

So I got what I have been waiting four long years for...the Sex and the City movie, and I wasn't disappointed at all. A bunch of us got dressed up and headed out to the theater to enjoy the evening. Do I feel silly that it took me two hours to get ready to go sit in a dark movie theater for two hours? Not at all! The crowd was fun...great vibe! The theater had a cosmo bar set up so we got our very cliched cosmos and toasted to the night. We laughed, we cried, we cheered. It was everything I wanted it to be. For me, the underlying theme of the movie was simply love. And I think that as long as we believe in it, then love can conquer pretty much anything. Yeah, I know I am channeling my inner Carrie, but that's okay with me. :) It's nice to be optimistic.

The rest of the weekend was good. I was still on a SATC high. :)

I hope everyone had a great weekend. Try to have a good Monday!!

1 comment:

Blonde said...

Your SATC experience was way better then mine. I decided to go Saturday with some girlfriends and we went casual. Everyone in our theater was DOLLED up and looked fabulous! But...I was so disappointed in the movie. That is not how things happen in the SATC world and they all caved into men except for Samantha. But she never had sex in the movie so it was weird there to.

I am glad you had a wonderful time, but I guess I got my hopes too high for this one :(.