Friday, June 20, 2008

Birthday Dinners

On Wednesday night we had a big birthday dinner with my whole family, and it was wonderful! Me and Dave, my parents, my freaking awesome cousin Craig, Grampa and his partner Ann, and her son Rick and his wife Jeannie. Let me tell you, a better time hasn't been had in ages! We went to a hibachi grill in Ft. Worth, and it was very good! It was so wonderful to get to spend time with family and new family! I really like Rick and Jeannie, and it's nice to have them in the family. :)

So that was Wednesday night...I decided to take off Thursday and Friday to enjoy my impending birthday, and David has been the king of making it special! I am being treated to pre-birthday fun!

It started out yesterday with breakfast and then running some errands, but as a pre-birthday gift I got a very cool martini glass:




I have started collecting these painted martini glasses by Lolita, and I love this! The matching bottle stopper is in the glass...it's really cool!
Next, David wanted to make me some special birthday cupcakes! So he made strawberry cupcakes with real strawberries in them!









We had a blast! Today they will be filled with cheesecake flavored pudding and topped with icing. YUM!

To round off the evening yesterday, David made my favorite dinner! He grilled big eye tuna, and we enjoyed it with avocado slices, and a salad consisting of scallops, grilled portobella mushroom, mixed greens and grapefruit. Seriously, it's one amazing meal!


So that was day one of birthday fun! I'll post tomorrow about the events of the day, and it's starting out great!!

No comments: