Saturday, June 21, 2008

Birthday Celebrations Day 2

Friday was day 2 of pre-birthday fun, and it started out with David making me a VERY yummy breakfast of French toast and turkey bacon. It was absolutely delicious!






After the best French toast ever, we did some cleaning around the house and then went to the movies to see The Love Guru. Do not go to this movie if you don't like potty humor! However, apparently we're like a couple of 12 year olds, and laughed at the silliness of the movie. I couldn't help it...it was just funny! (Check your brain at the door for this one...you won't need it!)

Then we came home and filled and frosted cupcakes. We injected them with cheesecake flavored pudding and frosted them with a bit of cream cheese icing. When mom and dad got here, we all shared what may be the best birthday cupcakes ever made! Oh, they were little cakes of heavenly joy!



Then it was on to D'Vine Wines for some wine tasting. We had some good stuff, and I love this little wine bar. We all shared a wine and cheese plate and sampled a few wines.



From there it was on to a very tasty little hole in the wall Italian restaurant, where we ate some amazingly good food! After that we called it a night, and after David and I got home we played the Wii for a few hours. It's the first time we've had a chance to just play together, and we played bowling, golf, tennis, and boxing. (I got smacked in the arm playing tennis...they are serious when they tell you to make sure you have room between you and the other player!) We broke a sweat playing boxing - it's physically involved with all the punching and jabbing and ducking! Then I finally had to call it a night. I was very tired!

Today is the day before my birthday, and it's pool party day! I can't wait! Almost everyone invited can come, and I am so excited to enjoy the day with so many good friends! I'm tomorrow will bring more pictures of all the fun! David has really made this a very special birthday!

1 comment:

Blonde said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!

Does your husband have a brother for me? My birthday is coming up and my guess is that I won't be having breakfast in bed unless the cat learns to cook :(. Challah bread french toast ROCKS!!

You look FABULOUS!