Friday, June 06, 2008

Sometimes You Have To Give Yourself A Break!

I discovered that sometimes too much is just that: Too Much! I have worked out vigorously all week without a day off, and Zumba last night was it for me. I couldn't do the entire class because my body was just so fatigued. My muscles haven't had any recovery time, and because of that I just couldn't get through the entire class. I had to take it down a couple notches and stop for a couple of breaks. It's a tough class to start with, but I was just too tired to give it my all. I am not exercising at all today, and I think my body will be better for it. I am going to water aerobics in the morning, but today? It's nothing but rest for me. :)

David is in NYC until tomorrow. He saw those two guys that scaled the New York Times building. Do people just climb buildings because they can? I'm too afraid of heights to do something like that. The elevator ride to the top of the Eiffel Tower was scary enough for me!

I have decided that when I have lost a total of 10 pounds (hopefully soon!) I am going to treat myself to something I heard about on the radio. It's a lip scrub (www.thelipscrub.com) and I think it might be nice to treat my lips to something like that. I'm dying to try it so I thought it might make a good reward for my hard work. It's hard not to just go buy it, but I am making myself wait. The big decision will be which flavor to try! :)

Well I think that's about it. I hope everyone has a wonderful Friday!!

1 comment:

Blonde said...

You have to give your body time to rest!! I am dying to try Zumba...do you like it?

I always reward myself when I reach the goals to. Gives you a reason, besides why you are doing it in the first place, to congratulate yourself!