Monday, January 05, 2009

Back To Work

Ugh...it's hard to look at the upcoming week and know I have to work all five days! But the new year is here and it's time to get back to it. How can I complain? I had plenty of time off and took a cruise and had a great holiday!! So I guess now it's time to get on it.

We worked HARD this weekend. Saturday we moved the spare bed out and cleaned out all the junk we could. Then on Sunday after church we headed out to IKEA and bought two desks and get them set up last night. (Oh, and we had to make a second trip to IKEA to pick up some hardware we forgot on the first trip!) It's not near complete yet, but David and I both now have a desk. He desperately needed an office and I needed a place to study and do schoolwork, as well as budgeting and bill paying. Now we have all this! We need to get rid of the old computer desk and get a futon to put in there, and as soon as we have some decor up on the walls, it should be complete! We have ideas, we just have to get it all done. But we're almost there!

So far, I have been doing well with my focus for the year. We've eaten very healthy, and although I haven't been to the gym yet, we've been very active at home getting things cleaned out. My body is so achy and sore, but that's a good thing. :) Today I am going to the gym here at work and am putting in 30 minutes on the treadmill. Hey, I am still sore from the weekend, so 30 minutes is good for me! We didn't go out to eat, so we've saved money. The bummer is that we went over budget on the stuff for the office, but I think we'll be fine since we're eating at home more. It will balance out.

School begins a week from Wednesday!! I'm actually excited about getting back into school...it means I'm getting closer to graduating! It's going to be a busy year, but a good one. I am planning to attend summer school to get my Spanish out of the way, so that will be a challenge itself: summer school is M-Th from 6-10pm. A lot of work, but in 10 weeks I can knock out 6 hours. Not a bad gig!! So while this is going to be a challenging year, I can do it! :)

Well, I guess I better eat my yogurt and get back to work. I hope everyone has a wonderful Monday!!

No comments: