Sunday, January 18, 2009

Cheer Competition

So I spent the bulk of my day yesterday watching a cheer competition. My 14 year old cousin, Ashley, is on a competition team, and this was a beat-down like no other! While I loved watching her team's 2.5 minute routine (and can I say that Ash was awesome!!), it was not as much fun to watch the other 2 hours worth of teams. They had 7 exhibition teams of what looked like 3 or 4 year olds in addition to the junior level teams, and that just dragged it all out. It wasn't as cute as a dance recital, I have to say. But if her team comes to town again, I'll be there yelling for her. She's good at it, and she wants to make her high school squad. She really seems to like it, and I am all about supporting activities that teach discipline, responsibility, sportsmanlike behavior, and physical fitness. Go girl!!

Today is kind of busy...I am going to lunch and a movie with some friends and then I have to get home right after that to get to the store and then make dinner for company coming at 5:30. But I still have Monday and Tuesday to relax. :) Oh, except school starts Tuesday, but I am looking forward to it!

Have a wonderful Sunday everyone!

1 comment:

Jessica said...

That competition sounds like a beat down! You are a very good cousin to go and sit thru that!