Thursday, January 15, 2009

The Tax Man Cometh

Yes, it's getting to be that time of year. For me, it's also accompanied with the treat of getting to pass out free "I told you so" lines. Remember that stimulus check everyone was so hot to get their hands on earlier this year? Yeah, when that came out I told people that it wasn't free money and that we'd be paying it back at tax time. Guess what? I've had a couple of people tell me I was right! Yes, brace yourself...that stimulus check was an advance on your refund. So now it's time to pay it back. Lovely. I didn't want it to start with. I think if Obama wants to do that again I am going to write to my congressperson and ask if we can opt out. I didn't want it in 2008 either. I don't know that it even did much for the economy anyhow.

I've been gathering possible 2008 deductions. I think we have enough to offset the stimulus payback, so hopefully we'll still get some sort of refund. I'll take $1 if I don't have to owe the IRS anything! (Can I get an "Amen!"?)

David comes back from Waco today. He only left yesterday, but it's nice to have him home. :) The kitties and I miss him when he's gone. But as happy as I am to see him, I am leaving him to dine on his own tonight. Christy and I have had dinner on the schedule for quite some time, and tonight is the night! She and I are having dinner at our favorite place tonight, and I can't wait! We haven't had dinner together in eons!

I guess that's about it for now. Everyone have a good Thursday!

1 comment:

CarmenSinCity said...

I'm getting like $1300 back from the tax man this year. I am petty happy.