Friday, January 09, 2009

Warm Weather!

It's a beautiful day! I sure wish I had seen the weather report...I wore a turtleneck sweater today. Oh well...I'll change into something cooler when I get home. :) I do like the break from the cold, though. I did read that we may get an arctic blast next week...brrr! Some weather sites say we'll have 50 degree weather and some saw 30 degree weather. It's Texas...we won't really know until it hits!

I am so glad this week is winding down! It's been a LONG one, and I am ready for the weekend. Christy is doing my hair tomorrow (Yay!) and then we're having dinner with David's sister Lea Anne. She and her husband are taking us to Houston's for dinner, and I have never been. I checked out the menu online and I think it sounds delish! It's an early b-day dinner for David, so it's a special occasion. Glad I'm getting my hair done! (It's time for the blond highlights to go away for a few months!) I'd love a new outfit, but we're on a spending moratorium. We have a mission, and we're hanging on to our money to get everything paid off. We're doing so well, too! Again, I know it's only 9 days into the new year, but if 30 days makes a habit, then we only have 21 more days until we can say this isn't just a fluke!

My father is retiring at the end of April, and I am so excited for him! He's worked harder than anyone I know for a very long time, so I hope he thoroughly enjoys the relaxation he's earned. Growing up, I never needed anything, and my parents made sure I had opportunities to do things I wanted. (Everything within reason, of course!) But Dad always made sure I had nice things and he took good care of me and Mom. I can't imagine a better childhood. I am a very lucky girl! (Thanks, Dad!!)

That's it for this beautiful Friday. For some reason, my manager has decided to call a meeting...who knows why. So I am heading off to see what's up there. (Nothing much, I am certain.)

Have a wonderful weekend, everyone!!

No comments: