Wednesday, November 08, 2006

A New Day For Congress

So the Democrats did it...but now they have to really get down to business. What I really wish is that all the crappy political barb-tossing would end and everyone could get down to the business of running the country responsibly. Maybe that will happen. I hope for the best!

One more day until my second weigh-in. I'm having my pre-weigh in jitters again. But I've been good and I know the scale will reflect that. (How's that for positive self-talk?) I'm already 4.6 pounds lighter...I wonder what tomorrow will bring? I'll be happy if it's .5 pounds. As long as it's going the right direction. I'm so focused on a smaller wedding gown size!

Speaking of wedding, I've been working on the table cards for the reception. I'm proud of how they are turning out! I'm not good at the DIY stuff, but this has been fun! I made 10, so I only have to make about 140-150 more! (yikes!)


Tonight I am having dinner with Grampa. He had to get a new transmission for his car. it's only 3-4 years old and has 22K miles on it...does that seem right to you? Yeah, the warranty just ran out on it too. But I think it's already fixed, so he doesn't have to worry about it.

As a little treat for me, David gave me a shoe card for a free pair of shoes. I was going to order some shearling boots for our NY trip next month, but they were $169 and the card is only good up to $130, so I ordered a pair or really great shoes that are lined with shearling and have a great sole for walking. They will keep my feet nice and warm while we watch the skaters in Rockefeller Plaza! I also want to be a total goober and stand outside the window of the Today show and see if we make it on TV! :) David has mentioned a carriage ride in Central Park, and I am looking forward to that, too. It's going to be a short trip, but a fun one! My airline ticket was free and he has hotel points so our room will be free during our stay. It's a cheap trip! :)

That's it for today. I hope everyone has a great Wednesday! :)

No comments: