Tuesday, November 14, 2006

Oh Lordy, That Was Some Good Eating!

David and I had dinner with one of the execs from Born. We met for dinner at Kirby's, and I forgot just how good that place is! We started with drinks and then got our table. We had appetizers of fried pickles (that was Ron's choice...crazy out-of-towner!) and a crab cake that was beyond phenomenal! (David and I ate that!) We moved on to salads, and I had a tomato and blue cheese salad that I could barely eat half of. Then came the main course...a 22oz porterhouse. Wait-I ordered the grilled pork chop! So while the gents ate their steaks (I told them not to wait!) I was apologized to many times and finally got my pork chop. It was amazing, but by that time my food had settled and I was already very full. Since both of the men were hitting the road today, they insisted on boxing up the leftovers and sending them home with me. No problem there! So I have some very tasty treats in the fridge for this week while David is finishing the last of the heavy travel. I dropped him off at the airport this morning, and he's off to Austin. One nice thing about this leg of the trip is that tonight and tomorrow night he is staying with a very good friend of his in Austin, so he doesn't have to be stuck in a hotel (or have to pay for a hotel!).

Tonight I am having dinner with my very good friend, Wendy. I get to share all my wedding planning stuff and show her pictures of my dress and lots of fun stuff, so I will be in wedding heaven! :)

Also, don't forget to vote for Emmit Smith tonight on Dancing with the Stars! He's done a great job and is a worthy opponent!

No comments: