Monday, January 01, 2007

Happy New Year!

Wow...2007 is here, and I can't believe it! 2006 has passed so very quickly, and 2007 is almost a day old now. This is a very big year...I am getting married this year!

Every year I often wonder will the year ahead of me will bring. 2007 will be very busy!
  • Christy is getting married
  • I will celebrate the 5th anniversary at the same job (not sure that this is something that thrills me)
  • I am getting married
  • I am starting back with school
  • David and I have a workout challenge that will keep me in the gym a LOT!
  • I am giving myself a fresh start with WW (although I haven't been off it)
  • I am going to do more volunteer work in the community

So those are the things I am concentrating on for the new year. What's the gym challenge for me and David? Every 4 weeks we will tally up our individual hours logged at the gym or exercising and the winner collects $40 from the loser. We're making this an ongoing challenge. I am already planning what to do with my first $40. I am thinking a trip to the MAC counter at Dillard's. :)

So you better believe I am going to keep you posted on the challenge! I hope everyone had a safe New Years. Don't make resolutions this year. Just decide to be the best "You" you can be. Resolutions just get broken. I spoke with a girl this weekend who is in a really bad relationship and has been for a long time. She is miserable and wants to meet someone else, but she can't seem to kick this guy out or break it off with him. I told her that only she can choose her happiness, and that when she was really ready to turn her life around. I say the same to you, friends. If there is something in your life you want to improve, make the decision to do it. But do it for you, and not for anyone else. I am chosing to make this the year I really get weight off and keep it off. But I am doing it for me, and because I want to be as healthy as I can be. Love yourselves, because there is much to love in each of you.

Happy New Year everyone!

No comments: