Thursday, December 06, 2007

Cozy

My grandparents had the most wonderful cat named Cozy. She was the light of their lives, and the family joke was that she got better treatment than the rest of us. (Which was great with us!) My Gran adored that cat so much. Cozy would sit in my Gran's lap and cuddle with her. When Gran passed away, Cozy was my Grampa's companion. She would follow him through the house and they had their own routine.

Tuesday, my Grampa let her out to hang out in the yard, as always. She stays in the yard and keeps to herself. When he came home, he had to face the horror that she had been attacked viciously by two dogs, and she did not survive. It's like losing my Gran again, in a way. And now Grampa is without both his beloved wife and the loving furry companion that they both adored so much. Needless to say, I took this really hard. I am angry that these two dogs were running around without being on a leash. This didn't have to happen. And I hate that the last few moments of Cozy's life were filled with fear and terror. I can't even think about what she went through. We all loved that cat, and now she's gone, and there isn't any justice to be had. I'm not so much mad at the dogs, but at careless owners. We don't know who they belonged to, but God help them if I ever find out.

So now my comfort is that Cozy is reunited in Heaven with Gran. Gran loved that beautiful cat so much, and now they are together. That somehow really does provide some comfort for me. But I am still heartbroken for Grampa.

2 comments:

CarmenSinCity said...

Oh no. I'm so sorry. so so so so sorry. Poor kitty. I feel so bad. I hate to ever hear anything about animals getting hurt.

So sad.

Anonymous said...

OH MY GOSH JEN! That is horrible! I just hate to hear things like that. That is how my grandmother lost one of her cats years ago. Did your Grampa report those dogs to the police or to the pound or something? Those dogs need to be put to sleep!