Monday, February 23, 2009

The Oscars

David and I had our annual tradition of watching the Oscars and eating our once-a-year treat: brie and cranberry nachos!! If you think these don't sound good, they are amazing! It's diced chicken, cranberries, black beans, and grated brie cheese warmed under the broiler until the cheese melts (not long at all!) and these babies rock!! So we only eat them once a year while we watch the Oscars. Don't know why, but it's our thing. :) I would go into what I loved and hated from the red carpet, but so many people are much more eloquent than I about all that, so I will leave it to others. Carmen always does great recaps, so click on her link on the right and keep an eye out for her recaps...I usually always agree! (But I am going to give thumbs up to Anne Hathaway and Kate Winslet...both stunning and classy ladies who know how to do the red carpet right!)

It was a busy weekend, and that's okay. I got to see my Cuz this weekend, and that was awesome. It's been a while and as always, we have a blast! Love you, man! David grilled up some ribs and I made mashed potatoes and we stuffed our bellies. Good times!

It's back to the grind today. I really don't want to be here, but here I sit. It's a long day because it's a school day, but I am off tomorrow. There is a Dean's List reception at 12:15 tomorrow, and you better believe I am going! (I would work a 1/2 day tomorrow, but apparently since I am a salaried employee if I take off more than 2 hours I have to just take off the whole day. Whatever.) David heads to Austin/San Antonio tomorrow, and I am a little bummed he can't make the reception, but I certainly understand. Friday I am heading to Austin with Joseph and Dima, and we're going to meet up with David and have a fun weekend. We're going to have dinner with David's friend Joe and his wife Pascha, and somewhere in all that I get to see my friend Bryan. Now, getting to see Bryan is a real treat because we went to junior high together and were choir nerds. He's a really cool guy and I cannot wait to see him! Thanks, Facebook, for reconnecting me with good friends!

That's it for today. I have a ton of things to do, so I need to get on it. Happy Monday, friends!

1 comment:

Jessica said...

I am gonna have to try those nachos!!