Wednesday, February 25, 2009

Proud Day For Me!

Yesterday was the Dean's List Reception at school. I have never been on a Dean's List in college, so this was a huge deal for me! I took the day off and headed over to school. The reception was wonderful, and I felt so proud of my hard work to get thse good grades. And I worked HARD for them! (If I only I were taking easy classes...) My friend Anne made the list, too, so our mothers (who have been BFFs since they were 12 years old) came to celebrate with us. Each discipline was celebrated separately, and my advisor, Dr. Pugh, presented for psychology. She calls us all Psychos...maybe there is some truth to that! Anyhow, I felt warm and bubbly inside when she called my name and I went up to accept my certificate. I did it! It's just for one semester, but I did it! And I plan to keep it up each semester, too. That's one of my big three focuses for the year, and it's definitely on plan. I am looking into qualification for the Departmental Honors, as I am definitely on par with grades. This would put me graduating with honors if I keep it! What's really neat is that I really love school. I wish I had been this excited about school when I was 18 or 19, but I am now and that's okay. I'll be one of those cool women who feels like life begins in her 40s. (Because I'll be finishing grad school in my very early 40s)


So yeah, I am on Cloud 9 today. And I'm going to try and sustain the feeling as long as I can!


No comments: