Tuesday, December 29, 2009

Climbing Out Of A Hole

Yes, I am clawing my way out of the holiday food and calorie hole I have been residing in. I FINALLY got my tushie to the gym this morning and it felt great! And even better, I found that since Thanksgiving I have only gained 2.5 pounds! If you saw what I have eaten, you, too, would be in awe! So I can knock that off fast and get back to the business of getting healthy!

Kim and I are trying to find a worthy 5K for the early spring. (I am not a winter walker!) Our rule is that the 5K has to be for a good cause. If you know of one, let me know! Oh, and this is an open invitation for anyone who wants to come and do a 5K (Kim who is chasing rabbits, I am talking to you!!) to join in the fun! I am NOT a runner, so if you are a walker, come walk with me! I might try and jog some, but my endurance isn't there to do too much of that just yet. But set the goal and come and cross that finish line! It's like nothing you've experienced! I will post details when we've picked on and anyone who wants to come is VERY welcome! The more the merrier!

I hope everyone has had a great Christmas/Hanukkah/Kwanzaa, etc. It's been lovely for me, but I think I am ready for the new year. 2010 is full of promise, and I have lots I plan to achieve. I am setting goals, not making resolutions. On January 1, I am going to post my goals for the year. I hope you'll think of some for yourself and post them in the comments that day. Let's all make 2010 OUR year!!!

Love to everyone!

3 comments:

Kim said...

I sent you a link for a 5K in March (I believe, I have to re-look at it!), but you were still on your cruise. Let's think about that one. And maybe one sooner. We need to get a schedule in place for the 1/2 (and by "we", I mean "Me"!). Bouncing off each other will be a great way to meet this goal.

You rock and I love you!!! And I miss you too. It's been too long since we've seen each other. Soon :)

Kim said...

THANK YOU for the invite! I am going to seriously consider it. Let me know what you choose!

Jennifer said...

Kim W: Yes, we shall talk very soon about picking a good 5K. I saw the link and then it has gotten buried in my email box - it's out of control! We'll pick one very soon!

And as for my new friend, Kim, I really hope you'll consider it! As soon as we have one on the calendar I will post the details here. The first 5K I did, I was scared beforehard and even got tearful because everyone there looked so fit and like professional runners. My family came to cheer me on, and it was wonderful! I was exhausted at the end, but it was awesome! You can do this, and I'll be right there with you. I also bet that once you decide to do it and you tell friends, you'll have a whole network of support all your own when you cross that finish line!

It's a feeling like no other! I hope you'll do it! :)