Tuesday, December 22, 2009

Getting Back In The Groove

It's so hard to get back into the swing of things when you've been on vacation! However, I am slowly getting there. I've been enjoying food a bit too much, so there's no telling how much damage I have done in that department. Getting my booty to the gym tonight for the SET class will help a lot. I had visions of working out on vacation, but it didn't happen. However, we did walk a LOT so I am hoping that helped out some.

I am finding that I don't want to be at work. The good news there is that I am here today and tomorrow, and then off until the 31st. Yay! Lots to do to get ready for Christmas, but it's all good stuff.

I had lunch with my very dear friend, Christine, yesterday. We met in 7th grade and had been BFFs for so many years. We had been out of touch for longer than I'd like to remember. She had been like a sister to me and practically grew up at my house. (Mom and Dad called her their other daughter!) And now here we are, older and wiser, and in wonderful places in our lives. Being back in touch is wonderful and I am so excited about so many things for her. She and her husband have twin daughters who are delightful, and they are a very happy family. We are going to meet for coffee tonight and soak up as much time as we can, as she is here for Christmas and then goes back home to Oklahoma on Saturday. So needless to say, I am excited to see her again tonight!

I am pretty much ready for Christmas. The shopping got finished up last night, and now i just have to wrap a few things and we are all set. We got some hot chocolate and looked at Christmas lights last night, and that was a lot of fun. I am going to miss all the holiday magic when things go back to normal after all the fun. And once Christmas passes, it's just a couple of weeks and school begins again!

Where does the time go?

No comments: