Saturday, December 19, 2009

What A Week!!

We got back yesterday afternoon, and although we had a wonderful trip it is so good to be home! Our kitties, Zak and Kaylee, seem very happy to have us home again, and we always miss those little furballs when we're gone. We got to the airport early yesterday and American got us on standby for a flight that was much earlier, so we got home before we were even supposed to leave Orlando, so that was a nice surprise.

Our cruise was great! We had two ports of call, Coco Cay and Nassau. Coco Cay is a private island owned by the cruise lines, and that was a great stop! It was just beach and little craft markets and food and drinks. We did a little shopping and then parked our silly selves on beach chairs and relaxed with a fruity drink. It was something called a coco loco, and it was yummy!





Next stop was Nassau. Leave it to me to find the MAC store...ah, I am truly a lip gloss junkie. Did I buy anything? I most certainly did!!



The beaches in Nassau are beautiful! We stayed for a while and got some sun and then headed back to the ship. It was a great stop, but Nassau is a lot like Jamaica in that you are reminded that there is a lot of poverty there. I hope we did our part to help the economy!



Our last day on the ship was windy and overcast, so I didn't get quite as much of a tan as I wanted, but it is way better than getting burned!! We encountered some incredibly rough seas, and I was so seasick I couldn't eat dinner. Poor David - I had to leave him to finish dinner alone. But laying down helped, and I was fine when I woke up the next morning. Not how I wanted to end the cruise, but we had so much fun that it's okay. (Apparently there were tornadoes out on the water, nowhere near us, but they probably contributed to the rough waters!)




What a great vacation!! Now we have to get ready for Christmas! Hope everyone's shopping is finished!!

No comments: