Wednesday, December 09, 2009

Workouts and Cookies

So we'll start with cookies...the cookie exchange was fun. I ate six cookies, which isn't necessarily a total train wreck, but it wasn't smart. However, they were awesome and I loved every bite. And what did I do to balance this? I went to my SET class at the gym last night. I am very sore today, but I feel good and I am glad I went. I am going to the gym when I get home tonight because I was sleepy and didn't make it this morning. We've been getting to bed late which has made me very sleepy in the mornings. Yes, this pretty much means my workouts have been slacking off. No more...gotta get back to it. So I am going to suck it up and go to bed early to start getting up at 4:30 again. I felt better when I was doing that, and I felt more in control. I need to really keep myself in check and get back on the ball. This 1/2 marathon won't go well if I don't.

I've been pondering this 1/2 marathon. I still find myself feeling so nervous about it, but it's something I really want to accomplish. I can't jog for long at all, and I worry that even with walking it will be tough to finish, but I am determined to do this. This is one of those things that's just for me. I'm not trying to win, but for me winning will be crossing that finish line. Now, it may be after everyone else has gone home, but I'm doing this!

So I think that's it for today. Stay warm...it's really cold out this morning!!

4 comments:

Kim said...

4:30 am. Wow. You are amazing!

It is deceptively cold today! The sun is happily shining, but it is freezing!

Jennifer said...

Well, 4:30 used to be much more regular, but holdiays and final exams got in the way. I am going to be back in the gym in the morning! (If I dont' go in the mornings, it's really hard to get there in the afternoons for me!)

Kim said...

And you know I will "boss" you into running at White Rock, so you have nothing to worry about there :). When the Holidays are over, we need to plan the next White Rock workout.

Jennifer said...

One of the myriad of things I love about you!! You forgot to put quotes around the word "running"!! However, I am ready to push myself a little harder, so be as bossy as you want! (Ooh, are going to be my Jillian? Please don't make me cry!!)

Truly, I am thankful for your help and motivation, girl! We will schedule our next workout soon!!