Wednesday, December 23, 2009

Where Is My Mojo?

My workout mojo is MIA. I haven't done anything and my eating? Well, it's been less than stellar. So I am pledging to do better today. Baby steps, people. I just came off vacation! But tomorrow I am off work, so I am getting my butt to the gym. This is a must for me if I am going to get myself back in the groove. (And believe me, I want to be back in my groove...it's a really good groove when I am in it!) So good food choices today and a good workout tomorrow. These are the two things I am promising myself.

Had a great time with my dearest friend, Christine (aka Chris) last night. After years of being out of touch, we have reconnected in a beautiful way and it's like having my sister back, even though I don't have a sister. Chris has always been the sister I didn't have, and it feels so wonderful to be back in each others' lives. :) This is the best Christmas gift I could hope for! She is living in OK with her husband and two twin baby girls, and she is down here to spend Christmas with her Dad. This has been wonderful! I wish we had more time together, but it's just such a busy time. I think once we get past all the holiday craziness we'll need to plan a get together. They bought and restored an old farmhouse outside of OKC, and I'd love to drive up and see it so maybe I'll have to do that before I get too deep into the semester. (You know once that semester gets going I will fall off the radar for a while!)

Anyhow, it's been a wonderful week and I am looking forward to tomorrow. David and I are going to do some baking together, and then dinner and church with Mom and Dad.

I hope everyone, no matter what your religion or how you choose to celebrate this season, has a wonderful Christmas! I hope you feel all the blessings of the season, and please know that you are all in my heart!

No comments: