Thursday, December 10, 2009

Good Deeds

Last night David and I went shopping for our two Salvation Army angels. We picked out cute clothes and cool toys...a dollhouse for one and a very cool and girly looking Big Wheel type of thing. I think they'll have a good Christmas morning! (My hope is that they also remember the reason for the season!) I was stunned last Saturday when there were over 15,000 angels left to be adopted, but as of last night there were 6600. I am hopeful the good people of the DFW area will pull together and take care of all the angels. There are a lot of good people in this area!

In less than 48 hours from now, David and I will be well on our way to Florida to start Cruisemas '09! (Our annual Christmastime vacation!) We are very excited and will start packing tonight. We're going to be home tomorrow night, relaxing and having a glass of wine and celebrating the upcoming week of doing as little as possible. We're not even packing our snorkeling gear...we're just going to dig our toes in the sand and chill! I can hardly wait! And when we come back it will almost be Christmas!

We've already paid for Cruisemas '10...we're going to spend a couple weeks in Europe!! Starting out with a river cruise up the Danube from Vienna to Nuremberg. That's the first 8 days, and then the train to Paris for a few days, and then on Christmas eve he head to London and midnight mass at the Westminster Cathedral (being good Catholics for David). On Christmas day we will go to Westminster Abbey (to celebrate me being a good Protestant girl!) and then enjoy the city. We still have to figure out how long we'll be in London, but we're so excited about going! I am hoping to see snow somewhere along the way...I bet we will in Austria! Wow...I can't believe we're going!! It's a lot of saving money and planning, but it's something we've wanted to be able to do for a while now, and we're excited to make it happen!

But make no mistake, I am beside myself with happiness that we're spending next week in the Bahamas! Oh, and one more cool thing - one of my favorite restaurants used to be Bahama Breezes here in Las Colinas, but it closed a couple of years ago. BUT...there is one in Orlando!!! So Saturday night you can bet we'll be dining there, and I will be having my salmon tostada salad. YAY!!!

Everyone stay warm...it's another chilly day out there!

No comments: