Wednesday, June 02, 2010

Summer School Has Begun

Yesterday began the first summer session. I am taking Biology, which is not a favorite of mine, but I already enjoy far more than Algebra. I am really going to have a lot of reading to do, and I also have lab twice a week from 7:40-10:20. While I am not excited about that, it only lasts 5 weeks so I know I can get through it. Except that we'll be dissecting a fetal pig at the end of the term in the lab. Honestly, I have no idea how I will get through that.

Our friend Brian is being discharged from the hospital today! We were helping to get his apartment moved last night so now he is downstairs from where he was. It was a fairly easy move, but we worked up a big sweat last night for sure. It's so hot and humid out!

My Sunburn from Monday is already starting to fade into a nice tan. Thank goodness...I was pretty pink Monday night/yesterday! It was nice to have a 3 day weekend, although we were so busy and so stressed. That's okay...three weeks from Friday we head out to California for along weekend to enjoy time with the California Willis bunch. That's a fun bunch! :) It will be a little like taking a birthday trip...except I am forbidding mention of my birthday out there because we'll be celebrating David's Aunt Jane and Uncle Jerry's 50th wedding anniversary, and it should be all about them. I'm only celebrating 38 years...their party TOTALLY trumps mine, and I'm very okay with that! (Jerry and Jane are awesome! I hope I'm as sassy and spunky as Jane is when I'm their age!)

I think that's it for today. Happy "hump" day everyone! :)

1 comment:

Kim said...

Oh totally forgot you were going to CA! I'm jealous :). That will be a nice get away.