Friday, April 21, 2006

Hooray for Friday!

It started out as a long week, but it ended up just flying by! I had dinner with Christy last night and we had a blast. It has been tough with our crazy schedules, but I was glad we made the time to catch up. We had dinner at Lava Grill, and had some very tasty sushi! :) She and Rich are looking at buying a house. Wow...my friends are all grown up! Buying houses, getting married, having babies, earning Masters Degrees...I can't believe I am old enough that these are the things we're all doing these days! (I'm going to be 34 in two months! Holy cow!)

I was bummed to find that I don't have the week off in between classes like I thought I did. I don't know where I got that, but you can imagine my disappointment. But I'll keep plugging away and working on school. If it gets to be too much I can always take a semester off, but I think I would really like to get this done ASAP. I am still headed towards straight "A"s in both of my classes, so that's a good thing. :) I should have my associates degree finished by July of 2007. I may take a little time off between that and starting the downhill run to my bachelor's degree. (There may be a lot going on in the fall of 2007...)

And in other news, David comes home today! I get to see him this weekend and then I won't see him for a couple of weeks. I am going to have to get the address of his hotels so I can be silly and send him cards wherever he is. Or I could plan ahead and pack a bunch of cards in his suitcase. Who knows what I will do! But I want to do something fun for him. It's hard for him to be on the road like that I would imagine.

I am hoping we have a chance to get to the Main Street Arts Festival this weekend. I like going to that. Kevin and I went last year and meandered around for a while. It was kind of late and most of the vendors were packing up, so there wasn't too much to see but there was a lot of food and music, so that's always fun. We're going to see Robin Hackett Saturday night. She's a favorite of mine...she plays great music and I have seen her many times. She probably thinks that Kevin and I are stalkers, but her music is so good I just can't miss an opportunity to hear her. I think she is on the cusp of her big break and I am hoping that if this is the case that she doesn't forget her fan base here!

That's about it for now. Oh yeah-please send Kevin good thoughts at 9am this morning. He has an interview here and I am really hoping it goes well. Mia and Kevin and I are having lunch afterwards, so I am sure he can give us the good news that it went well. He is perfect for this position and it really is his time for something good to come along job-wise.

Have a wonderful Friday everyone!

1 comment:

RC said...

yay for the main street arts festival...went tonight and of course loved it!

--RC of strangeculture.blogspot.com