Friday, April 28, 2006

Friday, Baby!!

TGIF! It's been a really busy week with work, so I am glad the weekend is here. And I am extra glad because David comes home tomorrow and I am making a special dinner for him. If this recalls any memories of my chicken debacle last November, I have three words for you: Don't go there! This dinner is going to be so good I am not even going to make a backup dinner! I found a recipe for Coq au Vin (Chicken in Red Wine) off of the Food Network tv show "How To Boil Water". It looks like an easy recipe, and I am making a salad to go with it. I anticipate good things! Also, I am making it before I pick him up from the airport so if it sucks, we're ordering in and he won't have to be subjected to it. But it's going to be awesome so no worries!!

It's payday, too, so that helps make it a good day! Christy was going to cut my hair tonight but she isn't feeling well at all, so she is staying home and recovering. I am going to spend the evening cleaning and making everything look nice for when David gets in tomorrow. I have been sorting through things and getting rid of stuff and I have garbage bags and throw-away piles all over the apartment. It's a mess! So I am going to do a super cleaning on the casa tonight so that I don't have to do it tomorrow. I am going to go grocery shopping tomorrow and run a few errands, and then cook and get ready for the love of my life to come home. :) His flight arrives around 6pm, so I have plenty of time. I know me...I will be ready early, go to Starbucks for my Passion Tea/Lemonade and head to the airport. It seems to be my little tradition for when I am picking him up. I do that every time. :) If you haven't tried that at Starbucks, it's very yummy and refreshing. A nice change from my usual "grande non-fat sugar-free vanilla latte". (If it's late I also throw in the "decaf" as well. I'm a pain the tushie!)

Anyhow, that's it for today. I'm outta here in 3.5 hours and then it's countdown to David time!

Have a wonderful weekend everyone!

No comments: