Monday, May 01, 2006

He's Home! (For A Few Days)

Saturday was a busy day. Joseph came over and helped me make the Coq au Vin for my dinner with David. (Joseph, you are such a blessing!) It turned out so good!! David was exhausted when he got home...we ate and then he went to bed around 9:30. Poor guy! All this travel is taking a toll on him, and I worry about the next round of travel. He is leaving Wednesday for almost three weeks. I will miss him terribly, but it will be much worse for him not seeing home for so long and getting to spend time in his own space. I wouldn't be able to do it. When he comes home I know he will need a few days to himself to regroup and relax and sleep.

We saw United 93 this weekend. It was well done, but very hard to watch. I cried through several parts of it, and noticed that I was shaking. It's hard to relive that part of our history. But it's good to remember those who lost their lives...both on 9/11 and in the Oklahoma City bombing. David visited the memorial when he was there last week and it was very moving for him.

I got my final grade for my other class...I have a 3.83 GPA! Yay!! Straight A's, my friends!! I am so proud of myself! I worked hard for that and it paid off. My next two classes are more difficult but more interesting. (I do well with a challenge!)

That's all my news today. Poor Christy is still sick, but she thinks she might muster the energy for soup at LaMadeline's, so I am crossing my fingers. I haven't seen her in over a week and I am missing her.

Angela stopped by for a little bit Friday night. It was SO good to see her! She's a good friend and I need to better organize my time so that we can see each other more often. Summer is coming and I always love the quiet time she and I spend hanging out in her backyard by the pool!! Angela, thanks for being such a good friend. I love you dearly!

That's all my news for now. Everyone have a good Monday!

No comments: