Tuesday, May 02, 2006

At That Point

When I started WW last year I had hit a very emotional point and was mentally ready to commit myself to the weight loss. I hit that point again yesterday. I've been waiting for that emotional moment and I found it. I know it sounds silly to anyone who hasn't had to deal with weight loss, but it's an important moment for me. I sat down and made two lists. One list is seven things I will do every day and why they are important, and the other is a list of 25 reasons why I want to lose weight. I won't share them here because they are very personal, but my friends, I think I am ready. I'm going to go back on Sunday to my meeting where all my WW buddies are. They used to tell me I inspired them, and now I need them to inspire me. It's hard to go back because I feel like I failed, but I am trying not to focus on that. I am trying to focus on being ready to dive in completely. It's a little scary because I want to succeed, but I need to realize that I will. I just have to stay with it.

So unlike all my half-hearted efforts since last November, this time I am going to make it happen. I'm ready and determined and that will carry me a long way.

I'll need your good thoughts and support, so please feel free to leave encouraging messages. I will report in on Sunday about my meeting, but there won't be a weight loss to post until the following Sunday.

Wish me luck!

2 comments:

Kim said...

Jen-
You are an absolute rock star and I know you can do it this time. I truly believe a person has to be ready mentally to loose the weight and you are back in that mindset. You were my inspiration last year, so I want to return the favor. And, you are a member of 24 Hour -- we will have to work out together! Come to my club and check out my cutie trainer :-).

Blonde said...

I understand this post 100%.

you are a strong and inspirational woman!

Best wishes and keep us posted on your success!