Wednesday, September 09, 2009

Feeling Lively!

I must have slept well last night because I am feeling much more rested today. I think much of this has to do with the fact that I got to stay home and do things around the house last night. We made dinner, did laundry, did homework, watched a little TV together...it was a good night! And something I was in real need of...time at home! Tonight is school night which means it's a long day. We went to the gym this morning, and I'm at work now, but I'll be leaving at 3:20 to head on to school. It helps to have classes I like with professors I adore and respect, and getting to sit in class with my dear friend Anne helps, too! (Wish we had more time to hang out!) So I feel bubblier and more awake today, too.

Another part of this comes from a conversation I had at the gym this morning. My friend, Knox, is the gentleman who is my self-proclaimed cheerleader at the gym. He's a really nice man and always talks to David and me, and is always interested in knowing how my weight loss is going. He tells me about people at the gym who have lost large amounts of weight and is a great encourager. He also teaches business classes at TCC, and says he's talked about me to his classes when he covers motivation and drive for success. Today he asked me if I might consider speaking to his classes toward the end of the semester about how I set goals and work to achieve them. I told him I'd have to think about it and he said we'd talk more later on, but WOW! Someone would even think of asking me to talk about overcoming hurdles and planning for success! Even if it never comes to pass, I think I will always feel so honored that someone would even approach me about that! If I do this, I have to find a way to overcome my discomfort with public speaking, though! But how cool...I always hope that maybe something I do can inspire success in others. Maybe this is a chance for me to put that in action? Who knows. It will be interesting to see what my future holds! Maybe this is a step towards becoming a Weight Watchers leader? (Something I have thought would be wonderful at some point when I have reached my own goals!)

I guess my wisdom for the day is that you never know who you are inspiring, so keep your own chin up and keep doing what you have to do to reach your own goals!

No comments: