Monday, September 21, 2009

Weekend Recap

So it was a very busy weekend, with homework, tests, and the Cowboys losing. Ugh. We don't need to recap THAT part. But I got my history homework finished and turned in, studied for and took my history mid-term (it's not the middle of the therm!!) Sunday, and now I am prepping for my Crisis Intervention test on Wednesday. Whew!

The cool part of this week? I am off tomorrow to attend my Dean's List Reception up at school! It's nice that Dad finally gets to come, and my friend Anne made the list so once again, the dynamic duo get their certificates! And this time we get the 4.0 designation! Yay!! Hard work pays off! I am working my butt off this semester...I have to make two As and a B at the least to stay on the list. History is a challenge, and we'll see how things sit after the Crisis test!

I am still feeling good about the weight loss from last week. Amazing! Now I am feeling re-energized and recommitted! I didn't get up this morning to work out, but I am going right to the gym after work and not stopping home first. I did that last Friday and it worked out fine, so on those mornings when I just can't get up, I can do it in the evenings and not miss a workout. I am usually tired in the evenings, but I am going to push through and get it done! I am down 65.8 pounds and I'm not stopping now! I have a long way to go, but I sure have come a long way so far! I bought some clothes for the December cruise in a smaller size, so I need to get to it and make sure I can wear them in December! (I'm pretty sure I can do this!)

The one movie I have really wanted to see was Julie and Julia. I found that it's still showing in the theaters, so I am going to take myself at some point. I'm pretty sure David isn't interested, so one of these days I'll find the time! (Who am I kidding? It will be on cable before I get to see it!)

I am looking forward to this weekend! We are going to the Stars game (yes, it's pre-season) on Saturday night courtesy of our friends Jake and Diane. They have season tickets but will be on a cruise, so they gave us their tickets. Cool! And Sunday we are going to the state fair with Brian and Alma, so that should be fun, too. I haven't been there in YEARS! And no, I am NOT eating fried butter! A corn dog? Absolutely! Fried Twinkies/Ding Dongs/Butter/ etc...no thanks! I am totally up for some roasted corn, though! Yum!

On a final note, this week brings with it a sad anniversary for me. My Gran would have been 90 on Tuesday, and the anniversary of her passing is on Wednesday. I can't believe she's been gone for four years. I still miss her so much, and there are so many things I wish I could share with her. It never really gets easier, but I think I've learned to live with her being gone. I feel that way about Cleo, too. I guess I am a very sensitive person and have a hard time letting go of lost loved ones. At least I know I'll see them again some day!

I hope everyone has a peaceful week...sometimes that's just what we need the most.

No comments: