Friday, September 04, 2009

Words Just Don't Convey...

Last night was purely magical for me. Sitting in the TCC Community Choir and getting to be with choir directors who helped shape me into the person I am now...wow! Spending time with Cherrie Townsend, Marilyn Derrett, and Bobbie Douglas was as awesome for me as it might be for someone to meet their most favorite rock star or actor. These women are amazing and strong and tough and wonderful. And I have the privilege of singing under their direction again! When Cherrie directed us through a song last night, I was almost moved to tears. Seriously, I know anyone else reading this will think I am crazy...but really I'm not. I'm moved by the opportunity to be associated again with women who were my mentors and helped me to learn to accept nothing but my person best from myself, and to be disciplined and to put my heart and soul into something I believe in. There's more to singing in a choir than just singing. It's a community of musicians who come together and bond through a love of music, but it's also teamwork and learning to work together. It's about connecting with something bigger than you are. It's about becoming one and creating something beautiful. It's art, it's energy, it's passion, it's pain, and it's love. Music has always been a powerful thing for me, and I have been blessed to have been part of several phenomenal choirs, but it takes the right director to make all of those things happen. And this is where I have truly been blessed...being under the direction of women who are masters of their craft.

I hope there in something in your life that brings this much joy to you. If you don't know what it is, seek out your passion! Find the thing that brings you pure happiness! You'll never be sorry that you did!

No comments: