Monday, February 15, 2010

Catching Up

Whew! It's been a very busy week! It started out with 3 tests, one of which was my Algebra test. We'll just say it wasn't my best grade and thank goodness the lowest one gets dropped! My Sociology test was fine, and my psych test went fine, too. I don't have my grades on those yet, but I don't expect any surprises. On Wednesday I left for San Antonio to sing with the Texas All-State Alumni Ensemble. We performed Thursday morning, and right after we finished I headed right back home to make sure there weren't any weather issues. I couldn't believe all the snow!! I didn't have to work on Friday, so we had an epic snowball fight and went for a walk. And I learned that you shouldn't make snow angels because you'll get your jeans wet and your booty will get cold!! Friday night we went to Fireside Pies for dinner, then on to the Tap In for drinks and just hanging out. We had a great time!!

Saturday morning we went and had brunch at Mimi's, which seems to have become a ritual for us. We have the same waiter every time, and he's a really cool guy named Justin, so if you go to Mimi's in Grapevine, be sure to ask for him...great service! Anyhow, after brunch we headed over to Central Market. I don't usually like going on Saturdays because of the crowds, but it was the chocolate festival, and I had to go! Surprisingly, I didn't eat much chocolate...nibbled a little bit, but mostly enjoyed the shopping. David had a custom floral bouquet made for me, which was very special! (And incredibly gorgeous!) Saturday night we made homemade chicken tacos (my recipe? a few chicken breasts and salsa in the crock pot until the chicken falls apart...about 4-5 hours). I found some whole wheat taco shells which were AWESOME, so we had healthy chicken tacos, fat-free spicy beans, and for dessert? Strawberries and chocolate and wine!!! :)

Sunday was lovely. We went to yoga, which was awesome! Came home and David began getting things ready to grill. I spent a few hours doing homework while he grilled, and when dinner was ready, David made me the best ribs and mashed potatoes ever! It's our traditional Valentines meal...I don't know why, but it is. And it is A.MA.ZING!!! And then we had a little bit of heart-shaped cheesecake with strawberries...YUMMY! We watched Star Trek (not the typical Valentines movie, but we both like it!), and then went to bed. It's been a wonderful weekend!

So how is WW going? Not well this week, for sure. But we are getting back on it. We didn't work out this morning since we went to bed so late, but we WILL be there tomorrow and sweating off some of this food. We've eaten so poorly, but it's been delicious. Now it's time to get serious again, and so we will! I'm looking forward to this weekend, as my friend Chris is coming into town. I think she and I are having a girls' night Saturday night, and I can't wait! Sunday we're going to a meeting to learn about doing the 3-Day. We're not sure about doing it yet, but we're going to check it out. :)

One last and very important note...Happy Birthday to my dear friend Kim!! You are thirty-fabulous, so enjoy your day, dahhhling!! We'll celebrate together soon!

Everyone have a wonderful week!

2 comments:

Kim said...

Thanks for the birthday shout out :). And let me know what y'all find out about the 3 Day. I'd be interested to hear about it!

Kim said...

That sounds so fun! All of it! I'm glad it was a weekend full of celebrating. I hope your week goes well!