Friday, February 26, 2010

The Wrap Up

TGIF everyone!! I thought Friday wasn't ever going to get here. It's been a week full of meetings at work, and lots of homework and a sprinkle of drama. But all is well. Highlights for the week include the Dean's List reception at school on Tuesday...always awesome! Let's see...got my hair done and very happy with the results (as always!), and had a great dinner with Kim on Wednesday. It's been a good week!

Chris and her hubby and darling twin girls are in town tonight, and I have been counting the days! We are working out in the morning, and then going to the info meeting on the 3-Day. After that? Lunch and shopping! We're taking our hubbies out on the town Saturday night, so that should be lots of fun...not to mention her twin girls are way too cute for words!

The drama this week has been my step-grandmother. She had an episode of congestive heart failure, but she is really doing quite well. She's got a great attitude and is eager to build her strength back up and get home! I worry about the stress on my dear Grampa. He's 90 and this has to be tough, but he is wonderful and I think he's doing ok. Mom and I are making dinner to take to him, so I am looking forward to hugging him.

We booked our hotel for the Paris leg of our December vacation! Found a great deal in a little hotel by the Eiffel Tower! I wanted to stay in the same hotel Kim and I stayed in 5 years ago, but they must have decided to renovate the rooms in 14 karat gold. They wanted close to 300 Euro/night, and we're not paying that. So we found a great little place for $107, and it gets good reviews from other travellers. I think we found a gem! (I'll let you know in December!) Now we just have to book our London hotel, which we're using Hilton points to cover the room, and one night in Munich. (The Munich stop is so we can tour the world's oldest beer brewery before we head to Paris! Cool!)

I think that's about it for now. Have a fantastic Friday, everyone!! I know on Sunday I will be burying myself in homework, so I'll come up for air on Monday, and hopefully have fun pics to post from the weekend!

No comments: