Monday, February 01, 2010

Weekend In Review

I'm going to be fairly brief, as I am so very sleepy this morning! It was a great weekend, and thanks to all who helped make it great! David was surprised Friday when we went to Buca di Beppo in Dallas for dinner. There were about 29 of us, with all the family and some of David's closest friends there to celebrate. The food was great, and the cake I got from Society Bakery was A-Ma-Zing!! Good stuff! Afterwards Dave and I went and had a celebratory drink to cap off the night. Good stuff!

Saturday we went out for breakfast and then did some shopping in Southlake at the Town Center. I dropped David off at The Boardroom, which is a men's day spa. He got a hand/foot grooming treatment (mani/pedi to us girls) and he loved it!! I love that my husband likes to take such good care of himself! And seriously, he has the softest, nicest looking feet you've ever seen on a man! Saturday night we met our friends Anne and Jason and their 2 kiddos for an evening of bowling, and let me tell you, we had a BLAST!!

Sunday was more subdued...brunch at Fearing's in the Ritz-Carlton in Dallas. If you've not eaten there, you absolutely must. (Save your pennies, though...not cheap!!) We'd been there before and loved it, so this time we met both sets of parents there for the birthday weekend wrap-up. It was such an incredible dining experience!

So now birthday week has come to a close. I hope David can come back down to earth after his week of Rock Star treatment! I was ready to make dinner at home last night to kick back and relax, but apparently my stove/oven decided to quit working. (Not happy about this!) So we reheated leftovers from Friday night's dinner. I left the apartment complex a terse message. They have a history of not acting on maintenance requests in a timely manner. (I called one in on August 27th because the master bath linoleum is coming up and I either trip on it or it hurts if I accidentally forget to step over where it's coming up. Still not fixed and it's February 1st??) Hopefully they will get to that quickly. I guess we'll see!

Tonight is my English class. I need to spend my lunch hour finishing up reading for class tonight...I was just too tired to finish the reading last night!!

Happy Monday everyone!

No comments: