Friday, January 29, 2010

Happy Birthday David!

David is 40 today!! I'm taking him out to dinner, but I'm not telling him where. I think he's going to like it! I gave him his special birthday shirt this morning. He's a good sport and put it on right away. It's a baseball-style shirt with the number 40 on it, and it says "Birthday Boy" on the back. :) Yeah, I'm silly like that! We've got fun stuff planned for tomorrow, and brunch on Sunday, so I think he's had a good birthday week. :)


Today two of my co-workers and I are going to fill in for our customer service team for about 4 hours. One of their colleagues passed away Tuesday (she had pancreatic cancer) and the services are this morning. So three of us who came from the customer service team here are going back to fill in so that the team can all go to the funeral. I'm not really looking forward to it, but it seemed like the right thing to do. I've got good friends over there, and I think they need to go and get some closure and say farewell to a good friend. I know it will be a tough day for them.


Dreary weather today, huh? I wish it wasn't so cold and rainy, but it won't be ruining the birthday fun! I hope everyone has a wonderful Friday!

2 comments:

Kim said...

Tell Happy Birthday to David for me :)! Have fun at dinner and I will talk to you later!!!

Kim said...

I'm sorry you lost a co-worker =-( That's so sad.

What a great birthday week! Tell us tomorrow where you went to dinner! I hope it's a blast!