Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Everything Back In Full Swing

So today is the day that everything starts again! I am back to my early morning workouts, school starts today, and David hits the road again. It's a busy day! I am so ready to get back to class, though. I like the feeling of moving forward and working toward my degree, and as much as I love the winter break, I love getting back to the classroom. Yeah, I'm a nerd. It's all good!

Cool thing of the day? Yeah, it's 8:47am as I write this and the best thing of the day has already happened. There is a gentleman at my gym with whom David and I have become friends. He used to play pro football many years ago, and now teaches at the community college. We met back in the summer when he came up to me and told me he saw how much progress I was making with my weight loss and told me he'd be rooting for me. Since then, he has told me that in one of his classes where he talks about goal setting and motivation, he uses me as an example. So his class knows about me and my progress, which makes me feel a little like a celebrity. :) So today, since I haven't been working out in the mornings since the end of last semester, he tells me he has a card signed by his class for me! This might be the coolest thing ever! He's going to bring it tomorrow and I can hardly wait to get it. This is my new piece of motivation. A bunch of people who don't know me and never met me want me to succeed. Aside from feeling so good about this, it reminds me how great people can be. For any time I might feel discouraged, there might be someone sending me good thoughts and wondering how I'm doing. I'm pretty sure I'll be thinking of these people somewhere along the 13.1 mile 1/2 marathon in August! I'm so honored and flattered. And most importantly, I am humbled. It really takes a village to do something big, and I couldn't go on this journey alone. I need that community of people in the gym in the mornings, my friends, family, and co-workers. I am supported by people everywhere I turn, and I am proud that they believe in me. So next time I feel like I am struggling and alone, I need to remember that I'm not. I stand on the shoulders of all those people who believe I can, and most of all, I believe in me. I know I can do this.

How lucky am I to be surrounded by so many good people? I am so grateful for all of you! I just want to say thanks to everyone who has ever sent me a kind thought, comment, or put good things out into the universe for me. Thank from the bottom of my heart. And now this journey kicks back into high gear and we're going to push forward and celebrate success together!

2 comments:

Kim said...

Wow! That is so amazing! It's really great to see people reach out...

And you're not alone in your nerdiness =-) I have class tonight and I am so excited!!!

Jennifer said...

LOL! School nerds unite!! :)