Tuesday, January 26, 2010

Already A Great Day!

I'm having another one of those days where God is making sure that I know I am loved and encouraged. I've had two separate people take the time to tell me I am looking great and to keep up the good work. I wonder if these people know when they take a moment to encourage me just how much of a difference it makes in my life? I think I need to take time to tell them. (One is a co-worker who is a very cool gal, and the other is a really nice security attendant here in my office building. Both are beautiful women with the most cheerful personalities!) I feel so honored that they take the time to notice my progress.

It's just one of those days where I woke up feeling strong. I got a good workout in at the gym this morning, and am ready to take on the day. I have school tonight, and then dinner with my friend Kim Hightower. She is the mastermind behind the whole 1/2 marathon idea. She's a friend from WAAAAYYY back in high school choir days, and we reconnected on Facebook. She has really been a big cheerleader for me, as she understands the struggles of weight loss. She's lost 120 pounds and now regularly runs marathons and leads a very active, healthy life. One of these days, someone will say the same about me! :) Anyhow, she is in town on business and this will be the first time I have seen her since high school! Pretty cool!

Last night we celebrated day 2 of Birthday Week for David. I got him a gift card to Home Depot, and we had strawberries and champagne. I originally wanted to do cupcakes, but then I reigned myself back in and remembered David is really one who enjoys fruit more than most desserts. I'm afraid I'm the bad influence there, so I did good and got some very delicious fresh strawberries. We had fat-free Reddi-Whip that I decorated the plate with, and little "Happy Birthday" picks that I stuck in the berries to make it extra festive. It was very delicious and guilt-free! Tonight's treat is very low-key, and he'll get his little surprise when I get home tonight. I love doing this for him! He's a wonderful husband and my best friend. I couldn't ask for more.

So that's about it. Everyone have a great day!

No comments: