Sunday, January 10, 2010

New Habits

So one of the things David and I had decided to do was to go to Yoga on Sundays. Today was our first day, and I really liked it even though I am not graceful or very flexible. The instructor is wonderful! Very encouraging...I need that! Through my journey to become more fit I have learned that what is most important is that I do things for me. I used to worry about what people think of me when I walk in a gym, and this really prevented me from taking an enjoying classes. Now I know that I am the only person concerned with what I am doing, which makes things much more fun! So while it was a tough class and there were lots of things I couldn't really do without modification, there is a lot that I can do! And what will really be fun is to measure my progress as I become more able to do the poses more fully and smoothly. I think this is going to be very empowering!

So that's really it. Going to do laundry today and get ready for the week. It's been a weekend full of errands and chores and today is for resting and enjoying time with David. What a lovely day!

1 comment:

Kim said...

That's a really great mindset and helpful for us "intimidated by the gym" folks!