Monday, January 04, 2010

Officially In Training

So today is the first day of the training plan for the 1/2 marathon, and guess what? Mondays are a rest day for me! LOL! So no workout today, but definitely one tomorrow! (Fridays are also a rest day, so I am liking the schedule so far.) I brought my lunch and am ready to get back to my routine. I have enjoyed the holidays but I am ready to tackle the new year and all the good things it will bring.

However, it really was tough to get when the alarm went off this morning. We had friends over to watch the game, and as much as I love everyone, people love to stay late and visit. I guess no one else gets up early for work, so it was after 11 when I got to bed. 5:30 comes very early!! And it's cold out, too...ugh! What a whiner, right?

My dear friend Chris is going to do the 1/2 marathon in Chicago, too, so I am really pumped about that! We've been emailing back and forth to get things moving with room arrangements and stuff. Her hubby is coming, and I think he is participating but I am not sure. David is going but he runs more than I do (which is to say that I really don't run at all...I jog some, but I have to work on that!) so we agreed that I will just see him at the finish line. Along with a bunch of gals I knew from elementary school, junior high and high school, this is going to be a great trip! I try to envision what it will feel like to cross the finish line...I have to do it in under 3.5 hours, so I have my work cut out for me, but I can do this. I'm very glad to have the training plan to use as a road map!

Okay...I really need to get to work. It's going to be hard to have to work a full week this week! But that's okay...I'll appreciate my weekends that much more! School starts on the 19th, so I better enjoy it while I can!!

Have a good Monday, friends!

No comments: