Friday, January 01, 2010

Welcome 2010!

This is going to be a wonderful year! I have many things I am looking forward to, and lots of goals to accomplish. I refuse to make resolutions. They never stick and somehow are never really taken as seriously as they should be. I am making goals. Really, I am continuing goals. I wanted this post to really reflect what I want to achieve this year, and I want to share it with you. Here goes...

1. I am going to really make a strong re-commitment to Weight Watchers. It works, and I feel much better when I step on that scale on Saturday mornings and feel great! So I am heading back tomorrow morning from a short hiatus. I am doing the no-weigh pass because I just ate salty Chinese food for dinner that won't make things look too good on the scale, but I am going. Also, BFF Chris is doing WW Online at home (from Oklahoma) and so she and I are in it together and working as a team. It helps to be accountable! (And Kim will ask me about it too, and I like to have good news to share with my fellow rock star!)

2. I am completing the 1/2 marathon August 1st. I have the training program printed out and ready to begin on Monday. Chris is joining me in Chicago, along with David and a growing group of gals from high school. This has become one of the most important events for me this year. It feels like a big undertaking, but I look forward to grabbing Chris' hand as we cross that finish line together. But I can't wait to cross that line and show myself I can do this!

3. Take better care of my mental health. This is a big deal because not only am I working full time, I will officially be going to school full time this year. And both sessions of summer school. It is going to be a busy year, and I tend to forget to keep my mental health in check and do things that help me relax. I am going to try and work on this in 2010, because otherwise I might go bonkers! By the way, this goal also includes asking for help when I need it. I am not always good at that, but I am going to work on it!

4. Becoming debt free!! This goal is almost met! We paid off a BUNCH of stuff Wednesday and we will be debt free by February at the latest! No more credit card debt, no more paying credit card bills, just putting money in savings!! This one is exciting and important, because it is a big step towards being ready to buy a home, which we will be doing this year. Nothing feels as good as having the household finances under control, and while we were never in much debt to begin with, we weren't getting rid of it, but more like just maintaining it. Now we are eliminating it, and loving the feeling!!


So those are my 2010 goals. All are attainable, all are reasonable, and all are continuations of things I was already doing for myself. They are goals I am proud of, and I know that by this time next year I will be able to look back and know that 2010 was a success.

I hope that you are setting goals for yourself. I would love for anyone who wants to share to leave them in the comments...when we share our goals, we increase our support base and who doesn't need more support in getting to where we want to be, no matter where that goal takes us?

Happy new year to you all! 2010 is going to be amazing!!

No comments: