Saturday, January 23, 2010

Proof That I Have My Act Together

Let me recap the week with regards to focusing on being back on track:

I worked out every morning at 5am, except for Friday. Friday I was tired, so I slept a little later and David and I walked for 3.2 miles that evening. Still a victory! Got up this morning and worked out, too! I was pretty good with what I ate this week, but there were a good handful of questionable choices in there. So how did I imagine my weigh in going this morning? Honestly, I thought I would maintain, maybe even gain a little bit. But my body chose to reward me for making a better effort than in weeks past - I lost 4.2 pounds this week! So I now only need lose a couple more to have the holiday pounds off forever. This is a very good thing!! I am feeling really victorious about this, and I think this only serves to motivate me further.

I mapped out a 3.2 mile walking path for myself, so we tackled it last night. One of my socks wore out so I got a little blister on the side of my left foot, but I didn't let it deter me at all. However, I will be going to Dick's Sporting Goods today to get some different socks, for sure! Kim has only told me about these a few times and encouraged me to pick some up. I listened! I just never got around to it...now I will!! Blisters aside, I feel great and am planning to tackle the path again in the morning before I go to Yoga.

I have spent a good part of my day working on Algebra. I am getting it, but got frustrated with one problem and have had to walk away for a bit. I'd love to go shopping, but I think I will stay in since it's rainy outside. I am waiting for David to get home from the Market Center in Dallas so we can get ready for a busy evening of family stuff. :)

I also have a special dinner with a friend this week. My friend Kim H. from Houston is in town and we are meeting up after I get out of class on Tuesday. She has also been a very special cheerleader, and she is the one who planted the 1/2 marathon seed. She's part of my support system going to Chicago, so it's going to be fun to have dinner. After all, we haven't been face to face since my senior year of high school!!

I have to wrap up now...Algebra awaits, and I also need to wrap some birthday presents. Have a wonderful Saturday, friends!

2 comments:

Kim said...

WOW! What a great loss! Good for you! You are rockin' this year so far!

Kim said...

Thorlos rock! You will love them. And if you happen to get another brand that works as well, let me know :).