Tuesday, January 12, 2010

Bring The Pain

David and I, after being a little sore from Yoga Sunday, lifted weights at the gym yesterday. Needless to say, I am a little more sore now. As if I didn't need more soreness, tonight we are going to SET class, so by tomorrow it will be a miracle if I can walk. All for a good cause...getting the weight off! Farewell, holiday pounds! :) I ended up gaining a few more pounds than I originally thought due to celebrations and, uh, some less than stellar food choices. So anyhow, two more pounds and I am back to pre-holiday weight and back to losing! My goal is to lose 25 more pounds by April 18th. That is my WW one-year anniversary and I would like to say I have 100 pounds gone by then. I think this is do-able, and I am going to give it my best. (However, it is important to say that I know my body does its' own thing even when I am at my best, so if I don't hit my mark it will be okay!)

Truly I am looking forward to going to the gym tonight. I really like what this class does for me. It works all the major muscle groups with weights and lunges. It's such a good class! When school starts next week I will have to go to the Saturday class, but that's okay...as long as I'm going I am good! When I get in better shape I want to venture out and maybe try kickboxing! That's down the road a bit, so we'll see!

School starts next week, and I am going school supply shopping this weekend. What this means is that I am probably going to buy a new spiral notebook. I don't need anything else. But I do love school supplies!! David is getting me a new pair of shoes, so that's all good! (The perks of being married to a footwear rep!) I picked out a fantastic pair of really fun teal colored strappy shoes that will be great for Spring! David says teal is going to be a hot color this Spring, so ladies get your teal shoes out!! (I didn't have any, but I will soon!!!)

I think that's about it for today. I hope everyone has a really great day! :)

2 comments:

Kim said...

A footwear rep?!? Every girl's dream! Nice!

I'm so glad you enjoy your gym so much. What gym do you go to? Is it one of the big chains? We have an L.A. Fitness near us... it's new and looks really nice from the outside, but I don't know anyone who has worked out at one...

I've decided that I can't afford a gym membership right now, but I still think about it a lot... someday I will be able to afford it!

Jennifer said...

Kim, back in 2005 I lost about 60 pounds without the help of a gym. I simply walked 5 days a week for 30 minutes each day. It's only now that I really appreciate the gym and am using it to it's fullest! There is so much you can do without a gym, and every month 24 Hour (my gym) has an open weekend where you can go and workout if you're not a member. I'll pay more attention and try to let you know when those weekends come up and you can go work out for free and check out some classes if you like. Gym memberships are expensive for sure!

And yes, I have lots and lots of shoes...my hubby is really my "sole" mate! Ha!