Monday, January 25, 2010

David's Birthday Week Begins!

So today is the official start of "Birthday Week" in our home. I think birthdays are a very big deal, so I like to make a fuss. And especially since this is a landmark birthday, I really wanted to make the most of it! It wasn't supposed to start until today, but I opted to start it last night. David has had to work all weekend, and when we weren't working, we did family stuff, so the weekend was gone in the blink of an eye. So I gave him his first present last night, which was an iPod shuffle. It's a blue one with a special note engraved on it for him. I think he loved it! It's perfect for working out. He was tired of having to use his iPhone at the gym, so this is much lighter and better suited for gyms and half marathons. :) I'll tell you about tonight's birthday activities tomorrow...I don't want to let the cat out of the bag!

Tonight is also my first night of my English class, which is actually a writing class. We'll be learning about writing grants, proposals, and a bunch of other stuff. I don't have to rush since class begins at 6pm, so that's nice. I am finding that I am having a lot of homework already, so I am a little worried about balancing everything, but I'll get it figured out. Hopefully my English professor will have a little mercy!

And on a very frivolous note, GO SAINTS! What a great game yesterday! I had to watch it alone since hubby was working, but as I folded laundry I got to cheer on Drew Brees and the rest of the Saints in a very exciting game! I am looking forward to the Super Bowl!

That's about it today. I need to cut up my grapefruit and have a little breakfast so I can start my day. I hope everyone's Monday is manageable!

1 comment:

Kim said...

You always have awesome presents for birthday week :). I can't wait to read about them. David is lucky (and you are too, because I know you get birthday week in return!).