Friday, January 08, 2010

And I Thought Yesterday Was Cold...

Okay, TODAY is REALLY cold!! We got to wear jeans to work today, so I am in jeans, my toasty warm Born shearling boots, a turtleneck sweater, and a sweater over that. Hey, I am not interested in freezing! I am glad it will get above freezing tomorrow, but it will still be cold. I would like to go jogging outside, but my lungs don't like it when it's this cold out so I will have to wait a bit longer. However, I will be hitting the treadmill so it's going to be fine.

I bought a fun new cover for my iPhone. It's pink and sparkly and makes me very happy. :) It feels like it fits my personality. Is it stupid to get happy over something like that? I figure if I look for happiness in the little things then I should be finding myself happy all the time! (Not that I am sad or depressed, I just think it's also nice to sustain those little bursts of happy.)

We're going to a Stars game tonight. Honestly, I am not really into it but I'm going. I hope they win. I don't want to get out into the cold for a crummy game! (If they lose, I hope they put up a good fight! Can't be too mad about that!) I think we're going to eat at a restaurant I like over there that had a wonderful veggie plate. It's delicious and looks like art. Yum! I didn't sleep well last night and could really stand to go to bed early, but I don't think it's going to go that way. That's okay, though. The story of how we got the tickets is cool...we have friends that are season ticket holders and they gave us a voucher for free tickets to a game. When we went to go redeem it and pick up game tickets, they didn't have tickets for the game we wanted to we got 4 tickets for two different games! Pretty cool! So now we get to go to two games, and we're only out the parking! Love it! (And the seats are pretty good, too!!)

My textbooks have arrived in the mail. It's my reminder that my break is starting to wind down. School begins on the 19th, but I think I am ready. I like school and I like devoting myself to something that helps me feel like I am advancing myself. I have finally figured out my path and am excited to be on it. I also like being able to say that I graduate next year! Of course I will dive right in to grad school, but that's okay...this is getting me where I want to be. The idea of waking up one day and being excited to have a career rather than a job is priceless to me. I only wish I had it all figured out years ago! But it's okay...I'm doing it now and that's the only thing that matters. Somehow I know I am going to be doing what God has designed me to do. I really feel that strongly about it. I am meant to be in a helping profession, and I can't wait to be a licensed psychotherapist. I know not every day will bring a therapeutic breakthrough or an "a-ha" moment, but there will be days when they happen and I look forward to that. What will my job really be about? Helping people find their own empowerment. It's in all of us, we just don't always know how to find it. So that's what my purpose will be: to help others find strength within themselves to be empowered and healthy people making healthy decisions.

Hmm...I didn't know this post would go that direction! But I like it!

Stay warm, friends! It's going to get COLD tonight!!!

1 comment:

Kim said...

What a great post! First of all, it's ALWAYS okay to get excited about pink sparkly things. Tell us about the restaurant if you end up at the one with the good veggie plate! I would love to find some more restaurants with good options... my husband gets tired of my safe spots! And graduating so soon is GREAT news! I hope this is your best semester yet! You are doing so well!

Be safe tonight! It's FREEZING!