Monday, March 01, 2010

The Weekend In A Nutshell

Whew! It was a busy one, but a good one! Friday night, I went with my parents to go see my Grampa and take him some dinner. Mom had made meatloaf and I made mashed potatoes. We enjoyed a great meal with him, and then we stopped by the hospital to see Ann. That woman is amazing! Her color is great, and her attitude is incredible...we should all live with such positivity! Her faith is strong, and before we left, we prayed together for her continued healing. She will most likely be moved to a rehab facility this week to build up her strength, and then she can go home. I know she misses being with Grampa at home, and he misses her, too. :)

After I got home, Chris called and they were in town so I hopped in the car and headed over! We had wine and visited until close to 2am!! The next morning we got up and went to the 3-Day meeting. Now, we were both very gung-ho to do the 3-Day for breast cancer, but I think we're not going to do it. You have to raise $2300 each, and if you don't hit the mark before the event, you have to provide a credit card to guarantee the remainder of what you didn't fund-raise. Neither of us can do that, and with the economy still on the mend, we think we're going to funnel our efforts into the 5K Race for the Cure. And also, if we do the 5K, more friends can be part of it and the more the merrier. So after all that, we hit the mall. Oh boy, did we hit the mall! Dillard's was having a big sale, so I ended up with a couple pairs of shoes, and a bunch of new shirts and sweaters. This is a miracle of sorts, because I never find anything there!! After that? Lunch and then on to Target where we proceeded to do more damage. Honestly, I spent quite a bit on clothes for her girls since their birthdays are coming up. I also bought for my friend Christy's daughter since her first birthday is coming up, too. Oh, and then I bought a couple of handbags. So yeah, there was a lot of fun shopping going on !

We were going to go out to dinner and bring the hubbies, but poor Chris managed to get sick with some sort of stomach issue, so dinner was a no-go. David and I ended up going to Texas Roadhouse for dinner and had a good time. Sunday was spent having lunch with Sandra and helping her shop for something to wear to a wedding. After that? Homework city! I have a test this week in Sociology, and I think it's going to be a challenging one.

So now it's a rainy Monday. I didn't get to the gym this morning, but I am going to try and go after school tonight. I know I always say I will do that, but the gym bag is in the car and I don't even have to go home first. I am really going to try and make that happen. I need to for sure!

Try to stay dry today, everyone!

1 comment:

Kim said...

How fun! I love a shopping filled weekend!