Tuesday, March 02, 2010

Looking For Calm

Yesterday ended up being a tough day for me. While I am fine, I am watching sadness and heartbreak all around me. My co-worker and friend, Ron, lost his father-in-law yesterday morning. While it wasn't unexpected, it was heartbreaking just the same. Then I spoke with my mother who let me know that my grandfather's wife is doing better (that's great news!) and was being moved to a rehab facility to help her get her strength back. Why is this difficult? Because she was being moved to the place that my Gran was staying when she passed away. It's difficult because I cannot ever imagine walking through those doors again. I know it is just a building, but not to me. However, mother did let me know that the powers that be in the insurance world decided that Ann was too well to go there, and she is now home and will be visited by cardiac rehab nurses. This is good news, but it didn't come until last night. I am so grateful!

Then mom told me some very heartbreaking news. Their precious kitty, Maddie, is missing. She hasn't been home since Saturday, and this is really not like her. She is such a little angel, and we are all so heartbroken. We are hoping someone might have thought she was a stray and took her in, so mom and dad will be posting signs in their neighborhood. In our family, pets aren't just pets, they're one of us. This is so hard for us all, so please pray for Maddie's safety and that she will make it home to us. We love her so much, and this is just devastating for our family.

I am praying for peace today. Peace for Ron's family and for my family. I am praying for continued wellness for my Grampa's wife...she's just so positive and determined to get her strength back. She is such a lovely lady, and we are fortunate to have her in our family.

I think the sun will be shining today, and I know I need it. The dreariness of the weather yesterday just compounded all the sadness I was feeling, so I am looking forward to sunshine. The weather this weekend looks like it will be very nice...I want to make the most of it!

I think WW is going better today. I have been unfocused and honestly, just lazy and I stepped on the scale yesterday and saw what all that got me and I didn't like it. I mentioned to my blog friend Kim that Rome wasn't built in a day, and that I was going to have to get myself back on track one brick at a time. I laid my first brick yesterday, and I'm laying the second one today. It's slow, but who would I be racing anyhow?

I hope everyone has a beautiful Tuesday!

2 comments:

Kim said...

Yesterday was my first day in a LONG time to not go over my daily points. I really appreciated your comments. I am praying for BOTH of us to refocus and be faithful to our food commitments...

Jennifer said...

Same here! I felt a sense of accomplishment that I stayed on track all day! I'll be praying for both of us, too...it's just not easy but ast least we don't have to do it alone!