Tuesday, March 16, 2010

Can I Please Have My Hour Back?

Oh my goodnes, I am SO SLEEPY! This time change is a really tough one for me. I am glad it's spring break so I don't have to worry too much about school right now, although I have plenty of homework to take care of.

David is off on the road again. I miss him already...this trip is a longer one. He won't be home until Saturday night. To pass the time, though, I am going to Winstar Saturday with my friend Sandra and her friend Patti. They invited me to go with them for the day, and it should be a blast. I'm not a big gambler, but I do enjoy the people watching, so this will be a lot of fun for me. :)

I walked down the street for lunch today and ran into my old boss. The one that was mean and tacky to everyone. Anyhow, it wasn't awkward or anything, but it was kind of funny. I'm really glad she's moved on. She decided to be a stay at home mom, which really is a cool thing. It's good for her kids that she can do that, so I am all for it. The bonus was that she wouldn't be at my office any more, and that my friends is a wonderful thing. So it was a win-win for all! She looked happy, and even though she isn't my most favorite person, I do wish her well.

I still have pics from mother-daughter weekend to post...perhaps I will try and get to that tonight. Guess what else I am going to try and do? Get my tushie to the gym! I am not doing well at getting there in the mornings, so I am going to try for this evening. And I am going to do something different. I am going to the gym with the pool. I like swimming so maybe that will be a fun way to get back to it. There is also a SET class tonight, but seeing that I haven't been a good girl and lifted weights, I think it might just kill me. Maybe next week. I also have Jillian Michael's new DVD Yoga Meltdown. It's a 30 minute intense workout incorporating Yoga, so I can do that, too. Lots of options, so I need to pick one and do it. I promise to report in tomorrow about what activity I did. If you don't see it on here, call me out on Facebook!!

I am cooking for myself tonight, so I am also going to search the WW site for something new to make. I love to try new things, so I figure that might help light the fire under me! (And give me some healthy leftovers for lunch tomorrow!) I am swearing not to eat out for dinner this week. No fast food, no junk food...just yummy stuff I make at home. This is step one this week of getting back on track. (How many times is one girl going to have to get back on track? As many as it takes!)

My blog-friend Kim posted several lists of things to eat/not eat that she got from Alton Brown. Great lists!! I think tonight I am going to sit down and make my own list. It's going to be the grocery list that gets me back where I need to be, and I'm ready!! I think I've eaten enough crap food now, and my body is ready to get it together. Besides, I am still doing that 1/2 marathon, and I need to get my act together now. Seriously, I am going to WW on Saturday. Haven't been in a long time, but I'm going. And no, I'm not getting on the scale. But I'm going to get that much-needed support. Clearly I need that and the best place to get it is at my meeting. I guess I am the equivalent of an alcoholic. I am always going to need to go to those meetings. I can't do it alone, and people there really know my struggle. So I'll check in on Saturday morning and let everyone know that I went.

Honestly, I think the well has run dry now. I hope everyone has a great day! Remember, one week from today is my 15 seconds of fame as a call-in person on the Today Show! I'll post the deets again when it closer to time!!!

No comments: