Thursday, July 15, 2010

Hanging On To My Sanity

Well, I'm trying anyhow. It feels so crazy right now, and I am so tired. Between work, school, and just life in general I am beat. Poor David and his back...he's on the mend, but it's taking some time and I won't let him lift anything. Or bend over to do things like scoop the litter box. So basically keeping the house in order in falling solely on me. Which is okay, but I am just so tired right now. School is going well, but I am working really hard at it. Just so you know, I hear myself whining about the same things all the time. I know how repetitive I sound. But it's just true. I'm exhausted. When the semester ends on August 12th, I am going to cherish the short time between semesters dearly! We're going to go up to the lake house and meet Chris and Charlie and the babies to celebrate, and I am really looking forward to that. :)

I am still waiting to hear about my participation in the magazine weight loss challenge. I hope no news is good news! I really do want this to work out, and so I am crossing my fingers. I've been doing okay back on WW...slow week last week and this week has been really tough because I have been so stressed out. But it's coming together, it just takes time. I've had many conversations with my friend Chris about this. She and I have shared the very same weight struggles since we were young. We met when we were 12, and even then we both struggled with weight. We've shared success and failure, and this time we're both determined to make this happen. But we both agree that weight loss is difficult and can be such a frustrating and often daunting task to take on. She and I share high blood pressure and wacky thyroid, too, so we're hoping to at least knock out the blood pressure meds. Although both of us have parents who had it so it may hereditary. But Chris is wanting to get pregnant again, so that is helping fuel her desire to get healthy, too. For me, I want to fight off the possibility of diabetes. See? It's more than just looking good, it's about being healthy. So I am a lucky girl to have a community of friends who support me. :)

So I have WW on Saturday, but I don't know how it will go. I've done okay but eaten foods with higher sodium, and we all know what that means...water retention. Ugh. So that may show up on the scale this week. Either way, I'm going and facing the music. I'm all about taking this head-on, so I'll report in on Saturday and let you know!

Have a good Thursday!

No comments: