Tuesday, January 10, 2006

Early Morning, Late Night

I got up at 3:30 this morning to help David get to the airport to catch his flight. I was a good girlfriend...made him oatmeal and coffee and toast, and then dropped him off at the airport at about 4:40 to catch his 5:30am flight to Connecticut. However, I got a call from him at 5am telling me that the travel department there set up the travel plans, but forgot to actually book the flight! He was able to purchase a one way ticket there, and they will both reimburse him and arrange his flight home. (The VP up there was so embarrassed!) I bet someone up there gets in trouble! But I got a call from him during his Atlanta layover this morning and he was getting so excited! :)

I am very eager to hear from him this evening. Hopefully they will make the official, formal offer to him today so that he can get started. He is so ready to be back at work! How wonderful that he loves what he does. We talked about what he wants to be doing eventually, and at some point he would like to create his own line of footwear. He really has extensive knowledge and a real love of mens footwear, so I bet with his drive and determination he can do it. I want to see him succeed!

Now, if only I had an idea of what I wanted to do. I am getting really burned out with my job, but even more than that, I don't know what I am passionate about. I know that the majority of people don't have that kind of love of their job, but I'd really like to try and find what would make me truly happy.

Is that too much to ask?

No comments: