Thursday, January 26, 2006

Happy!

Over the last few days I haven't been feeling too great. Low on energy and just feeling blah. But today I feel good! I finally got a good night's sleep last night, and I woke up refreshed this morning...something that I haven't felt in a while! Even more importantly, I feel very in control...like today is the day I am going to get myself back on track! I had a very low-cal fruit smoothie for breakfast (made it myself!) and feel energized and ready to take on the day. David called this morning to tell me he misses me and that he loves me, so that made a good morning even better!

David's birthday is this weekend, and I am trying to plan something fun but not too expensive. (The beginning of the month is a little tight for me) Any thoughts? I am thinking cocktails at the apartment, then off somewhere for dinner, but after that, I'm not too sure. He says something low key is fine, but I want to do something special. I thought that cupcakes would be a yummy alternative to birthday cake, since it's small and we can't go back for seconds, so I am going to get some fancy cupcakes from Central Market. I know what to get him for his brithday, so that's not a problem. Just trying to figure out how to celebrate is stumping me. Any ideas?

In other happy news, I get my W2 today, so I can file my taxes tonight and be done with it! I always get a little back (even though I claim myself) so I am going to try and save as much of it as I can for a rainy day. David and I have talked about taking a couple of trips, so maybe I can set it back for that. We had mentioned Paris later this year, but I am thinking that maybe we should put that off just a little bit since he really needs to be able to have time to get back on his feet after being unemployed for almost 2 months. Maybe a long weekend somewhere, like Vegas or New York or San Francisco. We'll see how things go.

David gets back from New Hampshire tomorrow night and I am picking him up from the airport. I have missed him and am really looking forward to seeing him! :) I am going to make dinner for us so we can sit and he can tell me all about his week. I am eager to hear all about his trip. He calls daily, but it's nice to sit face to face and hear the details.

So that's it for today. I am looking forward to lunch with Dan, Jessica and Mia, so that will be nice. The four of us used to work in the same area, but we're all pretty scattered around the office now and try to have lunch every once in a while. (And Dan had a birthday this week, so we're going to celebrate his 38th birthday!!)

I hope everyone has a great day! :)

2 comments:

Joseph said...

Tell David Happy Birthday and Congrats for me. I wear a size 11 in the boot. HEHEHE

Jennifer said...

Yes, for his birthday, he should get you a pair of boots!

(Silly muffin!!)