Friday, January 20, 2006

Nothing New

It's been a quiet last few days so rather than drone on about useless stuff, I thought I would take a couple of days off.

Wednesday night, David went with me for my dinner date with Grampa. We had a great time, and Grampa really likes David. Of course, this means the world to me because my Grampa's opinions really matter. But I knew they would get along great. Grampa took us to Saltgrass for dinner...yum! :)

Last night was spent relaxing. Ate dinner with Mom and Dad and we watched Dancing with the Stars. I can't help it...I really enjoy that show! I love the costumes, the makeup, and the (in most cases) beautiful dancing. I need to start my salsa lessons again. I really enjoyed them and they help shed weight!

Speaking of weight, I haven't been doing very well at all, so I am making a big effort to get back on track again. It's been stressful here at work and my response has been to munch without any thought. So I am working really hard to get it together and lose the weight. David and I have toyed with the idea of going to Paris later this year, so if that really does happen, I want to look my best! I was looking online and have seen some decent deals, so we'll see what happens. Between my tax return and bonus in April, that could very easily cover my trip. :) We all know just how badly I want to go back! (For those of you who have joined my readership after June, feel free to go back to June 4th and read my blogging from Paris!)

David is coming to take me to lunch today. He starts his new job on Monday (YAY!) so we won't be able to do lunch too much after that. He heads to NH Tuesday for orientation and will be back on Friday. I can't wait to hear all about the trip. I know he is so ready to get back to work. He is one of the lucky people in a field he loves with a job that inspires him to do his best every day. It makes me really step back and want to figure out just what it is that I want to do. (If I could do my dream job, it would be as a professional makeup artist!)

Tonight I am relaxing and having dinner with the folks. Tomorrow, David and I are having lunch with the fam ( my parents and cousins), and then enjoying the evening together.

And Sunday I am going to WW to face the music and get back on track. I got a call from Brenda, one of my WW friends, who is concerned that I haven't been to a meeting in a while. It's nice that people care about me like that! I need to get back with it and get the weight off!

I hope everyone has a great Friday!

1 comment:

tom said...

A Paris trip would be so romantic. I hope you do that.

I saw that new flickr picture....you look great.